michigan fishing

Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting Posts about hunting the whitetail deer in MI with firearms, bows, etc.

Old 12-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Tracker

Send a message via AIM to grizz660
Default Whitetail Population Density Map

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
Ran Accross this on another forum and thought some of you might find it useful. Whitetail Population Density
Old 12-19-2003, 06:09 PM
Michigan Sportsman

Photos: 14Users Photo Gallery

I've seen this map on the qdm forum on this site and question it's accuracy in regards to deer numbers.

In the 6 counties of the state that I hunt or spend considerable amount of time in, only two reflect what I feel is the density shown.

2 of the areas shown indicate 15 or less both of which I've seen greater than what's shown at one time. Both of these I'd judge would fall in the 45+ catagory but truly be in the 75-100+ catagory.

The 2 others areas I feel are also under represented. All under represented areas are in an agricultural setting, which is not surprising since numbers can rebound quickly.

Not matter what, it's a nice map with nice features and it's another reason why deer management should be based on smaller DMUs. I'm sure the numbers were gathered from each states DNR.

Just my $0.02