Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Hunting > Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting Posts about hunting the whitetail deer in MI with firearms, bows, etc.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Guide

Photos: 15Users Photo Gallery
Default Deer Processing in Oxford or Lapeer?

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
For the last few years I have used Franciscos (in Metamora just north of Oxford) or done my own processing. I have heard from a couple people they are not butchering deer this year though and I just called them and the phone was disconnected. Anybody have any recommendations for a good local deer butcher in North Oakland County or South Lapeer County?

Mine as well get this figured out now instead of waiting til the deer is in the back of the truck.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Michigan Sportsman
Rank Type

Photos: 100Users Photo Gallery

Country Smoke House is in Imlay City I believe. I think that's near Lapeer.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDMAMAN View Post
Right now that is the best option that I know of but Im hoping for something closer. Have to admit, I have been spoiled the last few years with Franciscos right up the road.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Tracker

Photos: 6Users Photo Gallery

If you have processed your own in the past I would continue to do so. When you take your deer to a processor more often than not the deer meat that you get back is not your own. Especially your ground meat when they are grinding the venison they are grinding a bunch at one time not just your deer individually. I don't know about you but I have seen how some off the hunters out there take care of their venison after the kill and I wouldn't want that junk mixed in with the meat that I feed my family. Get a couple of buddies together and purchase a grinder and a vacuum sealer and do it yourself. When we do it we have a lot of fun and save a bunch of money.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Guide

Yeah, my buddy has the grinder and vaccum sealer and we have everything to do it. For the amount of time it would take me to deliver and pick up the deer at the smoke house I could do it myself. I just like having the back up plan in case I dont have time. With the doe I shot last year it was still rather warm out and I wouldnt have been able to get to it for a couple of days. Was just hoping somebody knew of a butcher in the area, in case it was needed.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDMAMAN View Post
Another that is a good choice that I have used the past couple years is H & S Market in Lapeer, they also make GREAT Venison Summer sausage with cheese.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Charter Member

Photos: 5Users Photo Gallery

There is a great butcher in Hadley off or Pratt rd. just west of down town Hadley right on the curves there. I have used them in the past and know a few others that use them and are VERY happy with them.

There names are Steve and Sherry and both are in the meat packing industry for a living...they have a nice set up at their house and do a ton of deer each year.

Not sure where you are coming from, but they are located about half way between M-15 and the town of Hadley.

Telephone is 810-797-4649 Steve or Sherry

I called them the other day and they will be up and running for the EAS and have the cooler to let em hang.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood trail View Post
There is a great butcher in Hadley off or Pratt rd. just west of down town Hadley right on the curves there. I have used them in the past and know a few others that use them and are VERY happy with them.

There names are Steve and Sherry and both are in the meat packing industry for a living...they have a nice set up at their house and do a ton of deer each year.

Not sure where you are coming from, but they are located about half way between M-15 and the town of Hadley.

Telephone is 810-797-4649 Steve or Sherry

I called them the other day and they will be up and running for the EAS and have the cooler to let em hang.
Excellent, Hadley is pretty close by. Thanks for the information.