Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Fishing > Warm Water Species Fishing > Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries Saginaw Bay, Saginaw River, Tittabawasee River, Cass River, Shiawasee River, Flint River, etc.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Sportsman

Default Tittabawassee river up to Dow Dam

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
Any body doing any good on walleye from Caldwell boat launch up to Dow dam? Is there a lot of boats on the river?
Old 03-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Guide
Rank Type

Photos: 36Users Photo Gallery

Fished that stretch tonight. My buddy got a new boat today, so we actually spent more time tooling around than fishing. Might have had a couple bites but never hooked into anything. Talked to quite a few people, most weren't doing real good, but there were a few that got into the fish. More boats than I expected for a Monday, but it wasn't packed by any means.
Remove this ad...  
Old 03-08-2010, 09:39 PM

Not a lot of fish up there, river went down another foot as the dam was not open this weekend. River is very low.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Tracker

Photos: 11Users Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Quack View Post
Fished that stretch tonight. My buddy got a new boat today, so we actually spent more time tooling around than fishing. Might have had a couple bites but never hooked into anything. Talked to quite a few people, most weren't doing real good, but there were a few that got into the fish. More boats than I expected for a Monday, but it wasn't packed by any means.

You were the only tool on that boat. lol
Old 03-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Michiganiac

Photos: 46Users Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
Not a lot of fish up there, river went down another foot as the dam was not open this weekend. River is very low.
I was down at the river today and actually the water is up almost a foot since Friday.....a little more stain to it as well.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Guide
Rank Type

Photos: 36Users Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhead1984 View Post
You were the only tool on that boat. lol
LoL, coming from the tool that couldn't figure out which way to turn the motor to turn the boat? Or is this coming from the tool that was inches from jackknifing his trailer at 15 mph trying to back in to the launch? Or, is this coming from the tool that would have had to drift all the way back to the launch if this "tool" wouldn't have been there to get your motor running for you, and teach you that putting the motor in gear has nothing to do with adjusting the Lean/Rich Low Idle Adjustment?
Just messing with ya, we were all new to boating at one point, it'll be second nature in no time.

P.S. How was backing into the driveway?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Guide

I can remember my first back into the driveway with a boat. Lets just say I held up traffic a bit!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Quack View Post
LoL, coming from the tool that couldn't figure out which way to turn the motor to turn the boat? Or is this coming from the tool that was inches from jackknifing his trailer at 15 mph trying to back in to the launch? Or, is this coming from the tool that would have had to drift all the way back to the launch if this "tool" wouldn't have been there to get your motor running for you, and teach you that putting the motor in gear has nothing to do with adjusting the Lean/Rich Low Idle Adjustment?
Just messing with ya, we were all new to boating at one point, it'll be second nature in no time.

P.S. How was backing into the driveway?
Wow I knew I was going to get called out for that post. Backing in was really easy got it on my second try but used the driveway right across from me. I had plenty of room for error and I used most of it. I would have figured it out eventually.... if not it would have been a good story. lol Going to give it a shot in the morning trial and error.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Tracker

anyone been doing any good by the Dow Dam?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Guide

fished upstream of the dam, and got one 3 pound female..only fished for an hour or so.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Master Sportsman

I fished out of Caldwell today. The fishing is done for the season there. Water was high and fast. Visibility was 6 inches. Any fish will be gone. If we see any rain at all Im guessing the river will be over the banks in the next few days. Good luck and see you April 24.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Guide

opened one of the turbines at the sanford dam today, that stirred the water up and rose it a good couple feet. that made the fishing suck, but it wasn't terrible last night...hopefully this weekend will bring some good before closing. Good Luck.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Guide

Photos: 24Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WalleyeHunter811

i got 2 1/2 there the other night...the two that were legal were 16-18 small males and the 1/2 was just pushing 12 so he is still swimming..Night fishing..not a great day out but a tasty one for sure