Go Back   The Michigan Sportsman Forums > Michigan Fishing > Warm Water Species Fishing > Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries
Home Forums Classifieds Product Reviews Campfire Calendar Calendar MS Links
Register FAQ Blogs Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries Saginaw Bay, Saginaw River, Tittabawasee River, Cass River, Shiawasee River, Flint River, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Airboatman's Avatar
Airboatman is offline
Sportsman
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13
Default Tittabawassee river up to Dow Dam

Remove this ad.....
become a Supporting Member today.
Any body doing any good on walleye from Caldwell boat launch up to Dow dam? Is there a lot of boats on the river?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Addicted2Quack's Avatar
Addicted2Quack Addicted2Quack is offline
Guide
Rank Type

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Saginaw Bay on my good days
Posts: 327
Photos: 36Users Photo Gallery
Default

Fished that stretch tonight. My buddy got a new boat today, so we actually spent more time tooling around than fishing. Might have had a couple bites but never hooked into anything. Talked to quite a few people, most weren't doing real good, but there were a few that got into the fish. More boats than I expected for a Monday, but it wasn't packed by any means.
Reply With Quote
Remove this ad...  
  #3  
Old 03-08-2010, 09:39 PM
svs svs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Midland
Posts: 69
Default

Not a lot of fish up there, river went down another foot as the dam was not open this weekend. River is very low.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 PM
greenhead1984's Avatar
greenhead1984 greenhead1984 is offline
Tracker
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bay City
Posts: 171
Photos: 11Users Photo Gallery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Quack View Post
Fished that stretch tonight. My buddy got a new boat today, so we actually spent more time tooling around than fishing. Might have had a couple bites but never hooked into anything. Talked to quite a few people, most weren't doing real good, but there were a few that got into the fish. More boats than I expected for a Monday, but it wasn't packed by any means.

You were the only tool on that boat. lol
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Ack's Avatar
Ack Ack is offline
Michiganiac
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 3,607
Photos: 46Users Photo Gallery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
Not a lot of fish up there, river went down another foot as the dam was not open this weekend. River is very low.
I was down at the river today and actually the water is up almost a foot since Friday.....a little more stain to it as well.
__________________
-Brian
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Addicted2Quack's Avatar
Addicted2Quack Addicted2Quack is offline
Guide
Rank Type

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Saginaw Bay on my good days
Posts: 327
Photos: 36Users Photo Gallery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhead1984 View Post
You were the only tool on that boat. lol
LoL, coming from the tool that couldn't figure out which way to turn the motor to turn the boat? Or is this coming from the tool that was inches from jackknifing his trailer at 15 mph trying to back in to the launch? Or, is this coming from the tool that would have had to drift all the way back to the launch if this "tool" wouldn't have been there to get your motor running for you, and teach you that putting the motor in gear has nothing to do with adjusting the Lean/Rich Low Idle Adjustment?
Just messing with ya, we were all new to boating at one point, it'll be second nature in no time.

P.S. How was backing into the driveway?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Bigchev's Avatar
Bigchev Bigchev is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vassar, Mi
Posts: 834
Default

I can remember my first back into the driveway with a boat. Lets just say I held up traffic a bit!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:06 PM
greenhead1984's Avatar
greenhead1984 greenhead1984 is offline
Tracker
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bay City
Posts: 171
Photos: 11Users Photo Gallery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Quack View Post
LoL, coming from the tool that couldn't figure out which way to turn the motor to turn the boat? Or is this coming from the tool that was inches from jackknifing his trailer at 15 mph trying to back in to the launch? Or, is this coming from the tool that would have had to drift all the way back to the launch if this "tool" wouldn't have been there to get your motor running for you, and teach you that putting the motor in gear has nothing to do with adjusting the Lean/Rich Low Idle Adjustment?
Just messing with ya, we were all new to boating at one point, it'll be second nature in no time.

P.S. How was backing into the driveway?
Wow I knew I was going to get called out for that post. Backing in was really easy got it on my second try but used the driveway right across from me. I had plenty of room for error and I used most of it. I would have figured it out eventually.... if not it would have been a good story. lol Going to give it a shot in the morning trial and error.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:06 PM
greenhead1984's Avatar
greenhead1984 greenhead1984 is offline
Tracker
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bay City
Posts: 171
Photos: 11Users Photo Gallery
Default

anyone been doing any good by the Dow Dam?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:09 PM
tightline24's Avatar
tightline24 tightline24 is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 245
Default

fished upstream of the dam, and got one 3 pound female..only fished for an hour or so.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Hose Puller Hose Puller is offline
Master Sportsman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St. Johns
Posts: 71
Default

I fished out of Caldwell today. The fishing is done for the season there. Water was high and fast. Visibility was 6 inches. Any fish will be gone. If we see any rain at all Im guessing the river will be over the banks in the next few days. Good luck and see you April 24.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-10-2010, 07:51 PM
tightline24's Avatar
tightline24 tightline24 is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 245
Default

opened one of the turbines at the sanford dam today, that stirred the water up and rose it a good couple feet. that made the fishing suck, but it wasn't terrible last night...hopefully this weekend will bring some good before closing. Good Luck.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-12-2010, 08:33 AM
WalleyeHunter811's Avatar
WalleyeHunter811 WalleyeHunter811 is offline
Guide
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midland/MI
Posts: 652
Photos: 24Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WalleyeHunter811
Default

i got 2 1/2 there the other night...the two that were legal were 16-18 small males and the 1/2 was just pushing 12 so he is still swimming..Night fishing..not a great day out but a tasty one for sure
__________________
Surgeon General Warning:
Trespassing on this land could cause lead poisoning or even Death. STAY OUT OR GET SHOT!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2011 Michigan-Sportsman.com flagship of the iGreatLakes.com network